Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off-Season Training

Anyone who wants to feel like getting in the gym and doing work go watch the movie "The Fighter" with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. Also i feel like the nike boom commercials i have been seeing during the World Jr.s make training seem awesome and glorify it.

I have never been a huge fan of off-season training as i used to see my off-season as OFF-season. But after having a couple of seasons interrupted by injury or ended by injury altogether i now realize the importance of having your body strong enough to endure the rigours you put it through during an ultimate season. I feel like most ultimate players can sympathize with me and my hamstring issues, as hamstrings seems to be the most common injury i have heard of (knees are up there too).

So this year i am putting in a more conscious effort to strengthen my legs and ensure that come the "boom" moment that the nike ad's talk about, im able to preform and be on the field, healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment